Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week of Paid Vacation: July 24 to 30

My second of three weeks of paid vacation from Acme this year was the week of July 24 to 30.  This is a summary of how my week went.

On Sunday, Scott and I went to Malabar Farm near Mansfield, OH in Richland County.  We took a tour of Louis Bromfield's (Pulitzer Prize winner) home and farm.  Bromfield was an earlier promoter of preserving the environment before it took on greater attention in the 1970s.  On Monday, I took care of some financial aid information with Kent St. so I could sign up for fall classes (a blog about that will come later) was a slow day.  On Tuesday, Adam and I went to Charger Lanes for bowling and I did some touch up painting in my upstairs room.  On Wednesday, Scott and I went to the Summit County Fair, and I later went on a tour of the Hower House near the UA.  On Thursday, Mom and I spent some time together.  On Friday, Scott and I went to the Western Reserve Historical Society.  There were three parts to this facility, the Crawford Car Museum, the history museum (featuring an Abraham Lincoln and Civil War exhibit), and research library.  On Saturday, Dad and I went to Marion to visit the family.  Most of the family had lunch at Bob Evans and went to Cousin Ginny's (Dad's 1st cousin, daughter of Grandma Webster's sister, Great-Aunt Ruby) house to look at old photos and discuss geneology with Aunt Theresa and Great-Aunt Helen.  Ginny gave me several interesting papers and when I got home, I used them to update my information.

No comments:

Post a Comment