Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Fantasy Football Review

The 2015 season marked the fourth season that my fantasy football team, Big Mike Boyz, participated in the Damn D Fest's league, started by Matt D. in 2008.  In late July, the annual draft lottery was held to determine the draft order of the 12 participants, which is done in a snake format (draft order reverses from round to round).  On August 23, the draft was held in Coventry (near Acme), where Matt D. lives at with three roommates.  Before the season started, everyone had to pay their $100 entry fee.

The championship, won by Lee, was held in Week 16 since many NFL teams would be resting their starters in Week 17.  I began the season 3-1, but lost seven of my last nine games to finish 10th place with a 5-8 record.  Despite a losing record, I won $40 back this season.  I earned $20 by scoring high point in Week 3 when I defeated Mario's Doughnuts, 140-105.  I earned the remaining $20 for allowing the most points (bad luck) in league this season

This is a recap of my roster:

QB: I drafted Broncos' Peyton Manning in the 3rd round to be my starter and 49ers' Colin Kaepernick in the 11th round.  These two QBS turned out to be among the most disappointing in the NFL this year.  Manning's ended after nine games with a foot injury and Kaepernick was benched by the 49ers.  I cut both of them from my roster and finished with Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill and Chiefs' Alex Smith.  Manning and Tannehill finished the 2015 NFL season as the QBs with the most INTs.

RB: I drafted Packers' Eddie Lacy with the 2nd overall pick in the 1st round of the draft.  Lacy struggled all season with injuries that caused inconsistent play.  The highlight of my season was picking up Falcons' Devonta Freeman off the waiver wire.  Freeman was one of the NFL's top players in 2015 and if I didn't have him, I would've lost three more games.  Chargers' Danny Woodhead (8th round) and four others filled in for me when necessary this season.  I drafted Lions' Joique Bell in the 4th round and cut him early in the season.

WR: I drafted Packers' Randall Cobb in the 2nd round to be my top WR and he gave me a strong season.  I drafted Lions' Golden Tate in the 5th round and he gave me an average season.   The Cowboys' Terrance Williams (9th round) underachieved but his performance was well enough to ride my bench for the season.  The same couldn't be said for Saints' Marques Colston (7th round) and Bills' Percy Harvin (10th round), who were both cut from my team by the end of October.  I picked up Titans' Nate Washington and 49ers' Torrey Smith off the waiver line and they filled in when needed towards season's end.

TE: I took some risks in drafting this position, but it turned out to be one of my strengths this seasons.  I drafted Chargers' Antonio Gates in the 6th round, but he was suspended for the 1st four games due to violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.  I drafted Saints' Josh Hill in the 12th round, but cut him before the season started and picked up Redskins' Jordan Reed.  Reed had some nagging injuries, but he and Gates both turned in solid seasons.  Once Gates returned from suspension, I started him at TE and Reed at WR-TE flex.

K: I drafted Ravens' Justin Tucker in the 14th round and he gave me a strong season, despite his NFL team struggling on offense due after losing key players to IR.

D: I drafted the Cardinals' defense in the 13th round and it was one of the strongest in the NFL this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment