Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Personal Year-in-Review

This blog makes mention of important events that took place in my life this year, in addition to those written about my week's of paid vacation and going to college.

I had several good moments this year, with both my co-workers and high school friends.

Starting with my co-workers, I started 2012 celebrating New Year's at the home of Matt's sister and brother-in-law, Lauren and Jason.  It was the best New Year's I ever had.  I continued to go swimming this summer with my co-workers from Acme.  After going to Norton's Griffith's Pool in 2011, Austin introduced us to Dogwood Park in North Canton.  I went there three times this summer, usually with Matt, Max, Justin, Austin, Tyler, Todd, Dayne, Sarah, Sara, Jessica, and others (sorry if I forgot to mention your name).  Lauren and Jason, turned 30 this spring and were nice enough to invite me to their birthday party, which was awesome.  I also went to a nice party at Justin's house in June and to Jacob's (aka Hawk) graduation party in July.  I haven't even mentioned playing fantasy football this year with Matt and his buddies (I'll need a separate blog to discuss this, lol).  Megan left Acme this year, but we continued to stay good friends.  We lost Keefe for a few months, but fortunately he found his way back.  Ashley left to stay home with her new son and later decided to come back.  It was a bad year health wise for several older co-workers, but almost all of them have improved by year's end and have returned to work.  I've become more acquanited with some fun new customers too.  I always know who to look for on certain days of the week to come through the checkout.

My friend from high school, Mandi, moved to Colorado in April and she had a nice going away party at the Hunky Club in Barberton.  In December, I went to a Christmas Party at the home of Father George and Kathy Tarsis and ran into several old friends there, including Paul and Megan.  A few weeks later, I got to meet Brett and Josh for the Greynolds Classic.  Sean wasn't able to join us this year, but I got to see Brett's son, Andrew, for the first time.  I'm looking forward to continuing the tradition next year and for many more to come.  Josh and I also met for a few other Magics sporting events, which we continue to enjoy as we're now approaching 10 years out of high school.  Since Adam is living in Streetsboro now, I now meet him on occassion in Kent on my way to school.

I don't have much of a social life at Kent State, but I do have to give a shout out to my new friend, Jesse.  We met in Newswriting this summer and since she's really good at photography, she helped me gets some really nice photos for my assignments.  We also took Law of Mass Communication this fall.

Father Tarsis is retired from St. Andrew's, but Deacon Michael Petrochuk arrived this summer and I enjoy having him around.  He has a good personality, is well-organized, and gives good sermons.  Scott and I continue to usher once a month and we always go to Taco Bell for lunch with his parents on Sundays.  We went on several road trips while I was on vacation, in addition to a trip to the Dennison Train Depot in Tuscarawas County.

A few people I knew passed away this year, including Uncle Larry Hanshaw (a previous blog details this), my former next door neighbor Millie Sharkey, classmate Frank Bochard, and family friend Darah Farris.  Two new cousins were born this year, Jackson (Sarah and Evan's son) in January and Anna (Krissy and Brett's daughter) in November.  Now that Krissy has three daughters, I'm still the only male born into Mom's immediate family (we'll see how long I can make that claim).  Speaking of Anna's birth, it was the week before Thanksgiving, so this was the first Thanksgiving I didn't see Krissy.  Fortunately, her, Brett, and the girls made it for Christmas.  Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on June 12 and a surprise party was held for them at Barberton Center Court (a few weeks before it closed).

No comments:

Post a Comment